Armor composed of :
- iron kabuto with six koseizan strips, decorated with shibuichi rivets representing sakura flowers, shikoro with two strips laced with blue silk (missing strips), maedate in lacquer and horsehair representing a shikami
- mempo of the ressei type in lacquered iron, horsehair moustache, yodarekake with four strips laced with green silk and edged with bear hair
- namban type iron breastplate with silver inlay decoration of dragons and clouds, two sides and hinged upwards, fukurin showing a cord, lacquered iron kusazuri with five strips laced with green silk sugakeodoshi and edged with bear hair
- iron shinogote with silver inlay decoration, the upper plates showing sakura flowers and lozenge-shaped môn, tekko with flower and scroll motifs, the hinges forming butterflies
- iron sode with silver inlay decoration of a phoenix on a branch of paulownia in bloom (the other sode is missing)
- ko iron sode lacquered in black with six strips laced with blue and ochre silk
- kusarihaidate in black lacquered iron and green and gold silk brocade
- shinosuneate made of lacquered iron and blue fabric with dragonfly motifs
(Damage and missing parts)
Provenance: Former collection of Dr. Mène, Charpentier and Lair-Dubreuil sale, Hôtel Drouot, 21 April 1913, n°6 and reproduced in the catalogue.
The cuirass and the kote are attributed in the 1913 catalogue to Myochin Kunimichi.
A fukuroyari, signed Nobukatsu, with a natural wood shaft, a lacquered yarisaya for jumonjiyari and a lacquered paper utsubo with its arrows are included